Introduction

I am in group 1 with Pru Carter-Phillips (8128) and Ella Budgett (8120). To view my portfolio evidence please click on the following three labels, on the right, named; A2 Research and Planning; A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.
Please view our music video for MiraJax - Best Be Believing

Please view our music video for MiraJax - Best Be Believing

Front and Back Digipak

Front and Back Digipak
Above shows the front and back panels of our digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Above you can see our inside panels of our digipak


Please click this image to enter our site

Sunday 13 March 2016

Construction Post 9: My Technical Learning Curve(production and post-production)

I have definitely improved my skills greatly during this whole process.

Post-Production:

At the start of editing I had forgotten how to use Adobe Premier Pro but after a couple of sessions I really began to excel with using it. I also found out a lot more techniques and adjustments available on the software which we then put across in our final edit. I had never used LiveType before but I also found this very straightforward and enjoyed picking the most appropriate fonts and styles for our titles. At the start of post-production I could only really cut shots, place them on the timeline with music and roughly grade them. But by the end of the process, I could successfully grade shots to a high standard, cross-cut shots so longer shots did not bore the audience, cut the music in time with certain action, find clips of production company logos on youtube and insert them into our sequence.
When I was editing the very last scene of our sequence, Lola's breakdown, I found it hard to decide when to cut the shot to make the scene have as much of an impact on the audience as possible, without going on for too long. I think where I ended up cutting the shot was very good and doesn't seem as if I've cut her off short, which was a frequent problem in this scene.

Production:

I am now more than able to set up tand use a lighting kit which I was new to at the beginning of the process. I can film using the Cannon Legria HF G30 and watch over shots after they have been filmed. I am able to create a 'flooding' and 'spotlight' effect with the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment