Introduction

I am in group 1 with Pru Carter-Phillips (8128) and Ella Budgett (8120). To view my portfolio evidence please click on the following three labels, on the right, named; A2 Research and Planning; A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.
Please view our music video for MiraJax - Best Be Believing

Please view our music video for MiraJax - Best Be Believing

Front and Back Digipak

Front and Back Digipak
Above shows the front and back panels of our digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Above you can see our inside panels of our digipak


Please click this image to enter our site

Monday 5 September 2016

R+P Post 2: My Music Consumption

When?    I think I listen to music just about every day; it is something which I thoroughly enjoy doing. I tend to listen to music on my journey to and from school everyday. When I am getting ready to go out I like to listen to feel-good music and up-beat songs which get me excited to go out. On early mornings on my way to school, however, I prefer to listen to quieter music; not necessarily slow songs but but ones which aren't so intense!

Where?  I listen to music...
  • in the car
  • in the bathroom
  • at clubs and parties
  • at concerts
  • in my bedroom 
  • at my friend's houses
  • and on the bus
Who with?   If I am making a journey I like to listen to music by myself...for example on the bus and in the car. However, if I am getting ready with friends, hanging out with friends, or at social events then I like to share my music experience. 

How?   I listen to music on my phone, laptop, iPad, and radio. When I am getting ready to go out in the evenings or in the daytime on weekends and while I'm in the shower I like to listen to music. When I'm cooking I listen to music in the background but I can't listen to music when doing work as I find it too distracting. 

Why?   I think music can really alter someones mood and create atmosphere. For example if someone was ready to go out and entered a club which was playing slow music that could flatten their mood and make them instantly want to leave. I also think that different genres of music can deter people from wanting to listen to or hang out with people or in an area which is playing genres of music which they dislike. It can create a bond between two people who enjoy the same type of music or cause a deterrence of two people who's music tastes disagree with one another. Music has no boundaries in terms of language and can be listened to and understood globally, even if someone doesn't understand the lyrics and certain songs and artists can have a huge impact on a person's lives to the point that when they pass away or something drastic happens to them, it impacts a whole load of emotions on the audience and consumers. 


 Childhood



This is "It's all about you" by the band McFly. I was a huge of this band along with Busted. I think it may have been the first CD I owned along with Mika's CD 'Lollipop'. I can distinctly remember making up dance routines to their songs with my friends and performing it for my mum!

Early Teens



Like many young girls, I had my Justin Bieber phase...I was obsessed with him for about 2 years and even made my mum buy 4 sets of tickets for me and my friend in order to get the best seats closest to Justin as possible! I remember being incredibly excited for this video to come out and repeatedly watching it 'fangirling' over the star.

Now

I found it difficult to find a song that "means a lot" to me today as I love lots of songs but not necessarily in a deep or emotional/meaningful way. However, I do think as I've got older and seen documentaries and the film 'Amy' I have learnt to appreciate and love Amy Winehouse's old songs, having been introduced to them by my mum when I was a lot younger. This is Cherry Wine by Nas featuring Amy Winehouse. 




To conclude, I believe as a child, you are often very influenced by those around you when trying to determine your own individual music taste which often means it ends up not being your own taste at all! As you get older, you are able to be more confident and true to yourself in terms of what you do and don't like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment